The credit union was founded on October 11, 1955 by Methodist Ministers of the North Iowa Conference. Our membership expanded to the Disciples of Christ and Methodist Medical Center employee’s and their families in 1985 and we opened a small branch office at Iowa Methodist Medical Center. We have since closed that office and purchased a building located at 909 9th Street in West Des Moines.
We have members across the US and internationally. Today our membership includes; UnityPoint and their affiliates, Southern Care Hospice, Simpson College Faculty, all members of the Methodist, Disciples of Christ, Presbyterian, Episcopal churches including the North Iowa Conference and all relatives of current members. The conservative values we were built on continue to be the core values we have today, with a basic belief in “people helping people.”
When the credit union was first formed we offered only shares and loans. We now offer a full range of financial products and services. With the evolution of technology we are reminded that our membership also changes and demands that we provide the opportunities available through internet access, online banking and mobile connectivity.
The credit union, unlike many financial institutions, is a not-for-profit organization. This means our earnings are used to provide low cost/no cost financial services to you our MEMBER-OWNERS. Our board of directors is elected from the membership and serves as unpaid volunteers. We are committed to providing excellent products and services to our members.