Click here to download a Home Equity Loan application.
Term & Conditions
In order to apply for a Home Equity loan, a completed loan application will need to be submitted, along with the following original documents. Your originals will be returned to you upon completion of loan.
- 5 – 10 years in length
- Property must be located in Iowa
- Interest may be tax deductible, consult your tax advisor.
- Rates subject to length of loan, please call for current rates.
- Current payroll stub(s)
- If employed less than 1-year, 2-year complete tax returns are needed.
- If self-employed, 2-year complete tax returns are needed.
- Copy of current property tax assessment or certified appraisal of property if less than 12 months old.
- Proof of all loan balances on property.
- Proof of insurance coverage on property.
- If consolidating with proceeds from loan, current statements needed.
Once all information has been gathered, loan application completed and signed, please submit to the following address:
United Service Credit Union
909 9th Street
West Des Moines, IA 50265
Should you have any addition questions, please give us a call at 515-867-2200 or 800-262-3818 and ask for the Loan Department.
Tips for calculating equity in your home:
Tax accessed value time (x) 85% = _____________ - (minus) balance of first mortgage = $ available for a home equity loan.
****see attachment for PDF of loan application